Green Light Distrikt is about entrepreneurship focused on the cleantech sector. GLD U provides cleantech courses . Edited by Chris Williams with frequent guest posts from friends, experts and industry insiders from clusters across the globe. Our goal is to provide a place where cleantech entrepreneurs in various clusters across the globe can learn from one another. Green Light Distrikt is creating the "Hitchikers Guide to Clentech" to provide a resource for cleantech entrepreneurs. Read more
- The Worst Metric in Renewables: ‘Payback Period’
- "Solar, Inc." and the Balance of Values
- Top 10 Boston Clean Tech Companies Killing It on Twitter
- Good News For Job Seekers! Mass Solar Industry to Grow 30% per year
- VOTE: Boston's Top 26
- What’s your Opinion? Green Tech VS. Clean Tech VS. ‘EnerTech’?
- What’s Better? Climate Change OR Climate Disruption
- BICEP (3)
- Business Insights (10)
- CleanTech Events (10)
- CleanTech Guide (8)
- CleanTech Kingpins (9)
- EnergyBar (2)
- Entrepreneurship (26)
- For College Students (1)
- GLD U (1)
- Government Policy (33)
- Green Building (7)
- Hitch Hikers Guide to Cleantech (1)
- Industry Insiders (5)
$100 Discounts for Basic Technical TrainingBasic technical training is key for anyone interested in the renewable energy industry. Use the code "GLD" to get discounts from any of the below trainings.
- NABCEP Solar Training Boston This training course is made for people who are new to solar. You’ll learn how to design a solar PV array from a to z, how to quote a project, the installation process, and solar code.
- Solar Sales Training Learn how to sell solar from an expert, Keith Cronin. Keith build and sold his solar company to SunEdison. Keith knows how to sell jobs profitably.
- IGSHPA Geothermal Training The IGSHPA certification is the standard in the industry. In this training, you’ll learn how to design and quote residential and light commercial projects by 1) determining building loading 2) sizing equipment 3) sizing the group loop 4) sizing the distribution system and controls 5) and what sort of equipment so spec in each of the prior steps.
- NABCEP Solar Thermal Training Boot Camp: The solar thermal boot camp is similar to the PV boot camp, but just that it’s based on solar thermal systems.
- Selling Clean Energy to the Government The federal government, and specifically the military, has become the largest single renewable energy customer in the US with a goal of 3GW of installed capacity, among various technologies, by 202.
Other Free ResourcesFree NABCEP Study Guide If you’re studying for the NABCEP Solar PV installer or just want an in-depth review of solar basics this will be a good resource for you. If you want to buy the full guide, you can find it here NABCEP Study Guide.
Solar Reading List 101 A useful list of free article on solar sales, marketing, design, installation, policy and finance.
Geothermal Reading List 101 A useful life of free articles on solar sales, marketing, design, installation of projects.
Click here to learn what is NABCEP and wether or not you should need to get the certification. If you're serious about the solar industry and you want to get the NABCEP Certification, but you need to understand how exactly to apply, you can read more about getting the NABCEP Certification here.
Good Resources on Renewable Energy in Maine
January 2nd, 2010
I know, I know its not Tuesday, its Saturday. But I plan on posting this on Tuesdays from now on.
The Green Light Distrikt is not a news site but I think it’s important to keep up to date on the news. To compensate for this we’ll be posting the top 5 or so most interesting stories with a little blurb about the story, a little bit about the company or why the news is important.
The current stories are for the month of December and November and in the future it will be a weekly or bi-weekly post.
I will keep the briefs focused and based around companies, so we can keep up to date of how the industry is going around Boston.
Here’s the 5 most interest stories and a little blurb about each piece:
Industry sector: Finance, Solar
Industry sector: Energy storage, Transportation
A123 has propriety battery technology that is going to be the engine behind any mass adoption of electric vehicles or renewable energy storage. A spin off from MIT they are currently based in Watertown. Clearly, there move to China shows they think the industry and market in China is a large opportunity. A market shift to electric vechiles will be much easier in China compared to the U.S.A because all the government will need is an edict, no more gasoline cars. I’m assuming they’re waiting until the infrastructure is ready so that the economy will not collapse.
Industry sector: Energy efficiency, Energy service
Industry sector: Green Building
As green building continues to grow and double governments are looking to become leaders in the area. It’ll be interesting to see what happens in Woburn.
Industry sector: Government
Massachusetts energy incentives and grants used to be administered through the Renewable Energy Trust which was part of the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative. Now the money and grant will flow through the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center.
I’m curious, which of these stories is the most interesting to you?
If you have any interesting new stories about clean tech around Boston, events that we should know about don’t be shy. Send me an email or a tweet @theGLDistrikt
Happy New Year!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.