Green Light Distrikt is about entrepreneurship focused on the cleantech sector. GLD U provides cleantech courses . Edited by Chris Williams with frequent guest posts from friends, experts and industry insiders from clusters across the globe. Our goal is to provide a place where cleantech entrepreneurs in various clusters across the globe can learn from one another. Green Light Distrikt is creating the "Hitchikers Guide to Clentech" to provide a resource for cleantech entrepreneurs. Read more
- The Worst Metric in Renewables: ‘Payback Period’
- "Solar, Inc." and the Balance of Values
- Top 10 Boston Clean Tech Companies Killing It on Twitter
- Good News For Job Seekers! Mass Solar Industry to Grow 30% per year
- VOTE: Boston's Top 26
- What’s your Opinion? Green Tech VS. Clean Tech VS. ‘EnerTech’?
- What’s Better? Climate Change OR Climate Disruption
- BICEP (3)
- Business Insights (14)
- CleanTech Events (16)
- CleanTech Guide (8)
- CleanTech Kingpins (9)
- EnergyBar (2)
- Entrepreneurship (28)
- For College Students (1)
- GLD U (1)
- Government Policy (39)
- Green Building (8)
- Hitch Hikers Guide to Cleantech (1)
- Industry Insiders (5)
$100 Discounts for Basic Technical TrainingBasic technical training is key for anyone interested in the renewable energy industry. Use the code "GLD" to get discounts from any of the below trainings.
- NABCEP Solar Training Boston This training course is made for people who are new to solar. You’ll learn how to design a solar PV array from a to z, how to quote a project, the installation process, and solar code.
- Solar Sales Training Learn how to sell solar from an expert, Keith Cronin. Keith build and sold his solar company to SunEdison. Keith knows how to sell jobs profitably.
- IGSHPA Geothermal Training The IGSHPA certification is the standard in the industry. In this training, you’ll learn how to design and quote residential and light commercial projects by 1) determining building loading 2) sizing equipment 3) sizing the group loop 4) sizing the distribution system and controls 5) and what sort of equipment so spec in each of the prior steps.
- NABCEP Solar Thermal Training Boot Camp: The solar thermal boot camp is similar to the PV boot camp, but just that it’s based on solar thermal systems.
- Selling Clean Energy to the Government The federal government, and specifically the military, has become the largest single renewable energy customer in the US with a goal of 3GW of installed capacity, among various technologies, by 202.
Other Free ResourcesFree NABCEP Study Guide If you’re studying for the NABCEP Solar PV installer or just want an in-depth review of solar basics this will be a good resource for you. If you want to buy the full guide, you can find it here NABCEP Study Guide.
Solar Reading List 101 A useful list of free article on solar sales, marketing, design, installation, policy and finance.
Geothermal Reading List 101 A useful life of free articles on solar sales, marketing, design, installation of projects.
Click here to learn what is NABCEP and wether or not you should need to get the certification. If you're serious about the solar industry and you want to get the NABCEP Certification, but you need to understand how exactly to apply, you can read more about getting the NABCEP Certification here.
January 5th, 2010
Clean Tech Tuesdays was started last week (on a Saturday) after I noticed that I skim through Boston area news about once a week to keep up to date on whats happening. Every week, or every couple of weeks depending on how much news there is we’ll will share with you stories we find the most interesting.
Please share your stories or thoughts in the comments section or via twitter #cleantechtuesday.
Here’s the best:
Industry sector: Wind
December 22, 2009
Steven Chu made a bold prediction that although the Danes are #1 in wind right now the US is not far behind and cited Boston area company FloDesign as an innovator in the space with their light-weight, cheap, and efficient wind turbines.
Metcalfe is an interesting guy that has a great perspective. Here’s my favorite quote: “Networking isn’t the only goad Metcalfe’s been using to try to change people’s thinking on energy technology. “Green” has been politicized, he says, and its anti-business stigma is an impediment. Rather than “green tech,” or “cleantech,” Metcalfe’s been beating a drum for adoption of the term, “enertech.”
Industry sector: Government, Solar
December 29, 2009
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.