Green Light Distrikt is about entrepreneurship focused on the cleantech sector. GLD U provides cleantech courses . Edited by Chris Williams with frequent guest posts from friends, experts and industry insiders from clusters across the globe. Our goal is to provide a place where cleantech entrepreneurs in various clusters across the globe can learn from one another. Green Light Distrikt is creating the "Hitchikers Guide to Clentech" to provide a resource for cleantech entrepreneurs. Read more
- The Worst Metric in Renewables: ‘Payback Period’
- "Solar, Inc." and the Balance of Values
- Top 10 Boston Clean Tech Companies Killing It on Twitter
- Good News For Job Seekers! Mass Solar Industry to Grow 30% per year
- VOTE: Boston's Top 26
- What’s your Opinion? Green Tech VS. Clean Tech VS. ‘EnerTech’?
- What’s Better? Climate Change OR Climate Disruption
- BICEP (3)
- Business Insights (14)
- CleanTech Events (16)
- CleanTech Guide (8)
- CleanTech Kingpins (9)
- EnergyBar (2)
- Entrepreneurship (28)
- For College Students (1)
- GLD U (1)
- Government Policy (39)
- Green Building (8)
- Hitch Hikers Guide to Cleantech (1)
- Industry Insiders (5)
$100 Discounts for Basic Technical TrainingBasic technical training is key for anyone interested in the renewable energy industry. Use the code "GLD" to get discounts from any of the below trainings.
- NABCEP Solar Training Boston This training course is made for people who are new to solar. You’ll learn how to design a solar PV array from a to z, how to quote a project, the installation process, and solar code.
- Solar Sales Training Learn how to sell solar from an expert, Keith Cronin. Keith build and sold his solar company to SunEdison. Keith knows how to sell jobs profitably.
- IGSHPA Geothermal Training The IGSHPA certification is the standard in the industry. In this training, you’ll learn how to design and quote residential and light commercial projects by 1) determining building loading 2) sizing equipment 3) sizing the group loop 4) sizing the distribution system and controls 5) and what sort of equipment so spec in each of the prior steps.
- NABCEP Solar Thermal Training Boot Camp: The solar thermal boot camp is similar to the PV boot camp, but just that it’s based on solar thermal systems.
- Selling Clean Energy to the Government The federal government, and specifically the military, has become the largest single renewable energy customer in the US with a goal of 3GW of installed capacity, among various technologies, by 202.
Other Free ResourcesFree NABCEP Study Guide If you’re studying for the NABCEP Solar PV installer or just want an in-depth review of solar basics this will be a good resource for you. If you want to buy the full guide, you can find it here NABCEP Study Guide.
Solar Reading List 101 A useful list of free article on solar sales, marketing, design, installation, policy and finance.
Geothermal Reading List 101 A useful life of free articles on solar sales, marketing, design, installation of projects.
Click here to learn what is NABCEP and wether or not you should need to get the certification. If you're serious about the solar industry and you want to get the NABCEP Certification, but you need to understand how exactly to apply, you can read more about getting the NABCEP Certification here.
January 12th, 2010
This is the third Clean Tech Tuesday, though the first one was on a Friday. At first, I didn’t think I would be able to post about Boston based clean tech news every week, but things have not slowed down and there has been ample news stories every week that I want to highlight and share with you. I’m interested in hearing your stores as well, please share via twitter on #cleantechtuesday.
Also, please vote for your Top 3 favorite Boston clean tech companies. The top 10 vote receivers from the list of the top 26 of Boston clean tech companies will be profiled each month on The Green Light Distrikt in 2010 starting in February.
Here are my 4 favorite stories from the past week in no particular order:
1. Morgan Stanley Chooses EnerNOC’s Monitoring-Based Commissioning Application to Drive Persistent Energy Savings
Industry sector: Energy efficiency, Energy service
EnerNOC is seeing success in diversifying from their original and core product, demand response energy solutions, to other solutions namely the Monitoring-Based Commissioning Services (MBCx) cited here. Good news for EnerNOC who last quarter started to break even but has been a publicly traded company for a little over a year. There growth is certainly creating some jobs in their downtown Boston headquarters, just in case you’re looking you can EnerNOC job openings here
Title: Mass. named ‘most competitive’ state; Renewable energy to double in U.S. by 2012
Industry sector: Government
I know we’ve known this the whole time but its good to be named most competitive by an official survey, with real metrics, data and other mumbo-jumbo about something that we notice everyday. With this news, keep an eye out for companies to continuing to enter the space and for established companies that are looking to scale up, like Alteris Inc, or Nexamp.
Title: Mass. cleantech investments see upswing in ’09
Industry sector: Venture Capital
Good news but not hard to achieve. Considering that clean tech investments have been well down below 60% since 2005, growth is not that hard to create. But I’m not a hater, its good news and its clear on the streets that people are seeing opportunity once again.
Title: AMSC to co-develop offshore wind turbines in China
Industry sector: Wind
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.