Green Light Distrikt is about entrepreneurship focused on the cleantech sector. GLD U provides cleantech courses . Edited by Chris Williams with frequent guest posts from friends, experts and industry insiders from clusters across the globe. Our goal is to provide a place where cleantech entrepreneurs in various clusters across the globe can learn from one another. Green Light Distrikt is creating the "Hitchikers Guide to Clentech" to provide a resource for cleantech entrepreneurs. Read more
Local Boston Cleantech Jobs
Solar and Renewable Energy Jobs from Indeed
- The Worst Metric in Renewables: ‘Payback Period’
- "Solar, Inc." and the Balance of Values
- Top 10 Boston Clean Tech Companies Killing It on Twitter
- Good News For Job Seekers! Mass Solar Industry to Grow 30% per year
- VOTE: Boston's Top 26
- What’s your Opinion? Green Tech VS. Clean Tech VS. ‘EnerTech’?
- What’s Better? Climate Change OR Climate Disruption
- BICEP (3)
- Business Insights (10)
- CleanTech Events (10)
- CleanTech Guide (8)
- CleanTech Kingpins (9)
- EnergyBar (2)
- Entrepreneurship (26)
- For College Students (1)
- GLD U (1)
- Government Policy (33)
- Green Building (7)
- Hitch Hikers Guide to Cleantech (1)
- Industry Insiders (5)
NABCEP Certification Test Training
Good Resources on Renewable Energy in Maine
June 30th, 2010
Here’s a question I’ve been getting asked a lot about lately and have been personally wondering myself: What is the best city for the cleantech industry in the United States?
If you work in the cleantech industry, I need your help for a couple moments! We’re going to crowd source the compilation of the information that will be useful to everyone in the industry and then make it free to the community. I know a lot about the information in Boston, but not so much about other cities, that’s where you come in
Goal Of the Survey
Based on your responses to my little survey, I’m going to publish a yearly report and make it free to the community. The goal is that the survey will rank each city based on a simple criteria and provide a complete list of cleantech resources, government policies, companies, and investors in each city. We’re going to continue to collect the information and release the report every year, which will be especially useful as the industry grows and changes.
In this context, I’ll define cleantech as anything associated with; renewable energy, energy efficiency, water, green building, clean transportation.
Two years ago it seems like the answer might have been pretty straight forward, but things have changed a lot since then. Cities and states are passing new policies aiming at attracting new investment, large companies are investing in CSR, and many more universities are beginning to change their curriculum.
My first thought was to answer this question by creating an as-you-go type documentary and travel to a bunch of cities and do interviews with companies, city official, and at universities and continually write and post photos and videos on my blog.
Information We’re Looking to Collect
I’ve created a simple form below with some basic information that I’m looking to collect. I tried to keep the survey very short and simple for the first try.
If you have a second, here’s how you can help:
- Depending on the city where you are located, please fill in any and all information that you have.
- If you have colleagues in other cities please forward it to them.
- If you can just fill in one part, no problem, any and all information will be useful. You’ll be asked to rate each criteria for the city you’re located in and then provide SPECIFIC examples to back up your rating. These examples will be used to compile the resources in each city that we’ll provide in the report.
City Specific Information:
1) Quality of Investor Community:
-Cleantech specific investors in your city (angel networks, VCs, etc)
2) Cleantech Talent
-Universities with cleantech oriented programs
-Local training programs
-Business Plan Competitions
4) Existing Cleantech Companies. Please list companies you’re aware of located in your city.
-Large Companies (Public)
-Middle Size Companies (Large but not public)
I’m very excited about this project as I think we’ll be able to collect some great information, but I can only do it with you help
Thank you in advance for your help!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.