Green Light Distrikt is about entrepreneurship focused on the cleantech sector. GLD U provides cleantech courses . Edited by Chris Williams with frequent guest posts from friends, experts and industry insiders from clusters across the globe. Our goal is to provide a place where cleantech entrepreneurs in various clusters across the globe can learn from one another. Green Light Distrikt is creating the "Hitchikers Guide to Clentech" to provide a resource for cleantech entrepreneurs. Read more
Local Boston Cleantech Jobs
Solar and Renewable Energy Jobs from Indeed
- The Worst Metric in Renewables: ‘Payback Period’
- "Solar, Inc." and the Balance of Values
- Top 10 Boston Clean Tech Companies Killing It on Twitter
- Good News For Job Seekers! Mass Solar Industry to Grow 30% per year
- VOTE: Boston's Top 26
- What’s your Opinion? Green Tech VS. Clean Tech VS. ‘EnerTech’?
- What’s Better? Climate Change OR Climate Disruption
- BICEP (3)
- Business Insights (10)
- CleanTech Events (10)
- CleanTech Guide (8)
- CleanTech Kingpins (9)
- EnergyBar (2)
- Entrepreneurship (26)
- For College Students (1)
- GLD U (1)
- Government Policy (33)
- Green Building (7)
- Hitch Hikers Guide to Cleantech (1)
- Industry Insiders (5)
NABCEP Certification Test Training
Good Resources on Renewable Energy in Maine
August 17th, 2012
Launch of GLD University and Renewable Energy 101 Workshop for Students, Career Changers, Young Pros, and Entrepreneurs
I’m very excited to announce Green Light Distrikt University. It might look a little ghetto, but I assure you, it’s awesome.
Even though I’m not sure if everyone in cleantech is making money, I am sure that education and knowledge sharing of all sorts are in high demand in the cleantech industry. Technical training on a very specific technology, introductory trainings, workshops, peer-to-peer instruct and meetups to privately exchange industry specific information within and between cleantech clusters fluently are all needed. My goal is that GLD U can help in some small way.
There’s four forms of education that we’ll use GLD U to deliver:
- Renewable energy technology certifications. We’ll be reselling HeatSpring courses with a discount for GLD readers of course That discount is “GLD”
- Renewable Energy 101 Workshop for Students, Young Pros, Career Changers and Entrepreneurs. Yes, I’m charging a fee for this because I’m distilling everything I’ve learned in the past 6 years and am willing to provide introductions and advice for the right people. It won’t be worth the cost to most people, but I’m targeting the small group of people that will find it very valuable.
- Introductory Courses: For example, “How to Make Money in Renewable Energy”
If you are looking for a particular type of educatino that you cannot find access to please let me know, you can contact me here.
A few other cool events, and workshops I’m running
- Building Tour of 100% solar powered building in Brooklyn
- How to Find a Job and Make Money in the Solar PV Industry.
Here’s some more color and details about the purpose of the Renewable Energy 101 Workshop
In the past 2 years, I’ve done a lot of writing on the renewable energy industry and frequently people reach out looking for advice for their new products, exchanging ideas, and where the opportunities are for employment.
All of HeatSpring’s training are professional level certifications and continuing education on niche topics for experienced professionals. The purpose the workshop training is to boil down everything I’ve learned in the past 5 years to people looking for guidance that will be entering the industry. The focus will be on current students, recent graduates, young professionals, career changers or entrepreneurs looking to build a company in the industry.
The course will capped at 20 students to make sure I can connect with each person.
It will be split into two parts
Part 1 – Lecture and walkthroughs of the technical, financial and industry trends in solar PV, solar thermal and geothermal.
Part 2 – The second part will be Q+A. Be prepared with questions and when you sign up, I’ll send you a list of questions to prepare before the class, that must be prepared for the class. I’m prepared to help in every way that I can. The plan is to help you and provide introductions, further resources if you’re looking to start a company, or find an entry level position, etc.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.