Green Light Distrikt is about entrepreneurship focused on the cleantech sector. GLD U provides cleantech courses . Edited by Chris Williams with frequent guest posts from friends, experts and industry insiders from clusters across the globe. Our goal is to provide a place where cleantech entrepreneurs in various clusters across the globe can learn from one another. Green Light Distrikt is creating the "Hitchikers Guide to Clentech" to provide a resource for cleantech entrepreneurs. Read more
- The Worst Metric in Renewables: ‘Payback Period’
- "Solar, Inc." and the Balance of Values
- Top 10 Boston Clean Tech Companies Killing It on Twitter
- Good News For Job Seekers! Mass Solar Industry to Grow 30% per year
- VOTE: Boston's Top 26
- What’s your Opinion? Green Tech VS. Clean Tech VS. ‘EnerTech’?
- What’s Better? Climate Change OR Climate Disruption
- BICEP (3)
- Business Insights (14)
- CleanTech Events (16)
- CleanTech Guide (8)
- CleanTech Kingpins (9)
- EnergyBar (2)
- Entrepreneurship (28)
- For College Students (1)
- GLD U (1)
- Government Policy (39)
- Green Building (8)
- Hitch Hikers Guide to Cleantech (1)
- Industry Insiders (5)
$100 Discounts for Basic Technical TrainingBasic technical training is key for anyone interested in the renewable energy industry. Use the code "GLD" to get discounts from any of the below trainings.
- NABCEP Solar Training Boston This training course is made for people who are new to solar. You’ll learn how to design a solar PV array from a to z, how to quote a project, the installation process, and solar code.
- Solar Sales Training Learn how to sell solar from an expert, Keith Cronin. Keith build and sold his solar company to SunEdison. Keith knows how to sell jobs profitably.
- IGSHPA Geothermal Training The IGSHPA certification is the standard in the industry. In this training, you’ll learn how to design and quote residential and light commercial projects by 1) determining building loading 2) sizing equipment 3) sizing the group loop 4) sizing the distribution system and controls 5) and what sort of equipment so spec in each of the prior steps.
- NABCEP Solar Thermal Training Boot Camp: The solar thermal boot camp is similar to the PV boot camp, but just that it’s based on solar thermal systems.
- Selling Clean Energy to the Government The federal government, and specifically the military, has become the largest single renewable energy customer in the US with a goal of 3GW of installed capacity, among various technologies, by 202.
Other Free ResourcesFree NABCEP Study Guide If you’re studying for the NABCEP Solar PV installer or just want an in-depth review of solar basics this will be a good resource for you. If you want to buy the full guide, you can find it here NABCEP Study Guide.
Solar Reading List 101 A useful list of free article on solar sales, marketing, design, installation, policy and finance.
Geothermal Reading List 101 A useful life of free articles on solar sales, marketing, design, installation of projects.
Click here to learn what is NABCEP and wether or not you should need to get the certification. If you're serious about the solar industry and you want to get the NABCEP Certification, but you need to understand how exactly to apply, you can read more about getting the NABCEP Certification here.
August 17th, 2012
Launch of GLD University and Renewable Energy 101 Workshop for Students, Career Changers, Young Pros, and Entrepreneurs
I’m very excited to announce Green Light Distrikt University. It might look a little ghetto, but I assure you, it’s awesome.
Even though I’m not sure if everyone in cleantech is making money, I am sure that education and knowledge sharing of all sorts are in high demand in the cleantech industry. Technical training on a very specific technology, introductory trainings, workshops, peer-to-peer instruct and meetups to privately exchange industry specific information within and between cleantech clusters fluently are all needed. My goal is that GLD U can help in some small way.
There’s four forms of education that we’ll use GLD U to deliver:
- Renewable energy technology certifications. We’ll be reselling HeatSpring courses with a discount for GLD readers of course That discount is “GLD”
- Renewable Energy 101 Workshop for Students, Young Pros, Career Changers and Entrepreneurs. Yes, I’m charging a fee for this because I’m distilling everything I’ve learned in the past 6 years and am willing to provide introductions and advice for the right people. It won’t be worth the cost to most people, but I’m targeting the small group of people that will find it very valuable.
- Introductory Courses: For example, “How to Make Money in Renewable Energy”
If you are looking for a particular type of educatino that you cannot find access to please let me know, you can contact me here.
A few other cool events, and workshops I’m running
- Building Tour of 100% solar powered building in Brooklyn
- How to Find a Job and Make Money in the Solar PV Industry.
Here’s some more color and details about the purpose of the Renewable Energy 101 Workshop
In the past 2 years, I’ve done a lot of writing on the renewable energy industry and frequently people reach out looking for advice for their new products, exchanging ideas, and where the opportunities are for employment.
All of HeatSpring’s training are professional level certifications and continuing education on niche topics for experienced professionals. The purpose the workshop training is to boil down everything I’ve learned in the past 5 years to people looking for guidance that will be entering the industry. The focus will be on current students, recent graduates, young professionals, career changers or entrepreneurs looking to build a company in the industry.
The course will capped at 20 students to make sure I can connect with each person.
It will be split into two parts
Part 1 – Lecture and walkthroughs of the technical, financial and industry trends in solar PV, solar thermal and geothermal.
Part 2 – The second part will be Q+A. Be prepared with questions and when you sign up, I’ll send you a list of questions to prepare before the class, that must be prepared for the class. I’m prepared to help in every way that I can. The plan is to help you and provide introductions, further resources if you’re looking to start a company, or find an entry level position, etc.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.